The Cyber Scam Review team consists of highly committed and skilled cyber investigators dedicated to exposing cyber scams. With over 35 years of combined industry experience, our team works tirelessly to expose scams, provide actionable insights, and serve as your one trusted outlet for reliable and proven information.
While our scam-exposing parameters know no bounds, some of our most commonly addressed niches include online investments, pay-it-forward, dating and romance, E-commerce, deceptive charities, cryptocurrencies, and phony job offers.
Other types of scams that we’ve grown fond of exposing include:
- IRS Scams
- Phishing scams
- Online gambling
- Fake check scams
- Advance Fee Fraud
- Social security scams
- Small business scams (B2C)
- Banking, credit card, and online account
- Fake lottery, sweepstakes, or donation competitions
How to Report Cyber Fraud
We openly invite you to report any events related to cyber fraud.
Check out our complete guide on how to report a scammer online.
Whether you’re a victim or know of a family member or close friend, chances are at some point or another that they’ve fallen victim to a scam.
If you are uncertain whether the site, offer, or opportunity you’ve encountered is a scam, you can always reach out, and we’ll be happy to investigate for you.
3 Tips on Identifying a Scam
Virtual scams come in all shapes and sizes. The most convincing parts of online fraud would be the aesthetic appeal, empty promises, and fabricated company information. However, you can perform a few remedial processes to determine if a site is legitimate or a scam, such as the following:
- Check Content/Company Information – It is baffling how many consumers purchase products or “goods” from online stores that operate with blatant anonymity. You are essentially playing Russian roulette, with the bullets being your hard-earned money and the online shopping site working with anonymity being the gun, or in this case, the vessel to deliver fraud. If a company name is available, backcheck that entity across national business registrars to confirm its active existence (some fraud sites use expired company names or falsely portray other companies as their own).
- Conduct a WHOIS Search – Many online sites will claim to have been around for years, yet you can conduct a simple background check on a site to see who registered it when they registered the site when it’s set to expire, and quite a bit more information if you know where to look. Sadly, most con artists privately register their domains so that their personal information is concealed from WHOIS databases.
- Browse Customer Feedback & Reviews – It is essential to go through customer feedback and read actual reviews. Bots can submit hundreds of fake positive 5-star reviews, which, when taken and looked at as a whole, is quite convincing, especially in the eCommerce realm where overall user ratings on products play a significant role in consumer buying habits.
Do you have information about an online scam or are uncertain if a website is a scam? Report it to us or request a free scam review to determine if fraud has been committed.
Get in touch with our affiliated Cryptocurrency Forensic Specialists at CNC Intelligence for free by filling out the form below.
“Perhaps one day we’ll be able to identify and block not just scams but the scammers themselves – before they even target their first victim.”
How do I get scam money back?
The ability to recover your stolen hard-earned money varies case-to-case. Some industries, such as online financial investing and eCommerce, provide actionable courses that one can take to recover their money without much effort. One such action includes the ever-popular chargeback offer, where consumers can request a charge reversal with their financial institution and receive a temporary credit until the bank decides in their favor.
Again, depending on the type of scam, every case is different.
Therefore, we invite you to report the scam to us, we will review it and contact you about the best path to recovering your funds.
Check out our complete guide on how to recover money from online scams.
Want to be kept updated regarding similar scams?