In today’s digital age, where online investment platforms are aplenty, it is imperative to exercise utmost caution and conduct thorough research before trusting any platform with your hard-earned money. One such platform, Crypto Booster, claims to be an investment management firm offering a range of services to potential investors.
However, closer scrutiny reveals numerous red flags that raise doubts about its legitimacy. In this article, we will closely examine the claims made by the website, shed light on the presence of fake statistics, identify significant warning signs, and ultimately draw a conclusion on its authenticity.
What is Crypto Booster?
Crypto Booster presents itself as an independent, privately-owned fee-only investment management firm based in New York City, with offices in various countries. It claims to provide a unique combination of financial planning and investment management services, tailored to meet clients’ needs.
However, a deeper investigation raises doubts about the accuracy of these claims.
The services offered by the Crypto Booster website are nothing but a mirage of promises. It presents a range of investment services that aim to attract potential investors with promises of lucrative returns. The platform claims to offer both long-term and short-term investment opportunities, catering to the preferences of various investors. It asserts expertise in trading stocks, shares, bonds, forex, and cryptocurrencies, positioning itself as a pioneer in the field since 2010.
The platform states that it employs a combination of active and passive investment strategies to generate positive returns for its clients. Passive investments are said to include exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and broadly diversified mutual funds that track the performance of market indices. On the other hand, active investments comprise more concentrated portfolios managed by professionals who supposedly have a track record of consistently outperforming the market.
While the services offered, website design, and attractive investment opportunities may look appealing, but, however, as the saying goes, looks can be deceiving. It is important to note that the platform lacks verifiable evidence and transparency to support its claims. There is a distinct absence of independently verified performance data, client testimonials, or any other substantial proof to substantiate their expertise and success in the investment industry.
Furthermore, the platform fails to provide detailed information on the specific investment strategies employed, risk management practices, or the qualifications and experience of their investment professionals. These omissions raise concerns about the platform’s transparency and ability to deliver on its promises.
Crypto Booster Red Flags
The red flags serve as warning signs and raise doubts about the platform’s legitimacy and credibility. Let’s delve into these red flags in detail:
Get in touch with our affiliated Cryptocurrency Forensic Specialists at CNC Intelligence for free by filling out the form below.
- Lack of Verifiable Information: Crypto Booster fails to provide concrete evidence or verifiable data to support its claims. The absence of independently audited performance reports, client testimonials, or any other reliable proof raises suspicions about the platform’s track record and success in the investment industry. Legitimate investment firms are typically transparent and willing to provide substantiated information to instill confidence in their clients.
- Absence of Regulatory Compliance: The website does not provide any information regarding its regulatory status or licensing accreditation. Trustworthy investment firms are usually registered and regulated by the relevant authorities to ensure compliance with financial regulations and investor protection measures. The absence of regulatory information raises concerns about the platform’s commitment to adhering to industry standards and safeguards.
- Fake Statistics: Upon closer inspection, Crypto Booster cleverly employs smoke and mirrors tactics by fabricating statistics, creating a deceptive illusion of success to entice unsuspecting investors. The platform may display inflated returns or misleading performance figures to attract potential investors. Such deceptive practices are clear indicators of a lack of ethical conduct.
Few Extra Concerns
- Unverifiable Contact Information: Another red flag is the use of fake or unverifiable contact details by Crypto Booster. It raises questions about their willingness to provide support, address concerns, or maintain open lines of communication with investors. Investors should be wary of platforms that do not readily disclose their contact information, as it hampers the ability to seek assistance or resolve issues if problems arise. Legitimate investment firms typically provide accurate and readily accessible contact information to facilitate communication with their clients. The use of false contact details raises concerns about the platform’s credibility and raises doubts about its commitment to customer service.
- Suspicious Social Media Presence: The platform claims to have a presence on various social media platforms, but further investigation reveals that these social media accounts either do not exist or lack any meaningful activity. Legitimate investment firms typically maintain active and engaged social media profiles to provide updates, interact with clients, and showcase their expertise. The absence of a genuine social media presence is a significant red flag.
On May 27, 2023, a Louisiana, United States person who reported losing $1400 filed the following complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) about a cryptocurrency scam at cryptobooster.online:
Initially, you invested in crypto through Trust Wallet via Binance. Subsequently, you transferred the funds to a Crytobooster.online account. They promised to invest the funds for a period of 24-48 hours and then requested an account upgrade, offering three different tiers: Gold level ($950), Silver level ($935), or Classic level ($882). Unfortunately, they did not provide any information regarding the specific features or benefits of each tier. The invested amount was included in your investment.
As a result, my initial investment of $200 grew to $1054, eventually reaching a total net worth of $15,400. However, they demanded an additional $3500 to verify my identity and obtain the “transfer code” required for withdrawing the money. Feeling unsure about the situation, I consulted with my daughter, who reviewed the screenshots and information about the online company. The person involved in this situation is Jacob D***** *s on Telegram, and it is unknown how many others may have fallen victim to this scam.
At this point, I am skeptical about the possibility of recovering my funds and have lost faith in the process. My primary desire is to retrieve my money, but I am not optimistic about the outcome.
In light of the information presented, it becomes evident that Crypto Booster raises significant concerns regarding its legitimacy and credibility as an investment management firm. Despite its claims of being an independent and experienced financial resource, several red flags emerge that cast doubt on the platform’s true nature.
The existence of multiple concerning indicators should serve as a clear warning to potential investors when considering this website. It is crucial to approach the platform with utmost caution and take proactive measures to safeguard financial interests.
Ultimately, informed decision-making and diligent research are paramount to ensuring financial security and avoiding potential scams. By remaining vigilant and selecting reputable investment alternatives, individuals can navigate the investment landscape with greater confidence and protect their financial well-being.
If you have fallen victim to online scams, please comment below. If you have suffered a substantial financial loss, do not despair. We are here to assist you in recovering your funds!
Want to be kept updated regarding similar scams?