MyGov Refund Scam Email is quickly becoming one of the biggest threats we have seen in a while. The crooks behind this trap are targeting Australians and the kind of length they have gone to fool the users is jaw dropping to say the least. This threat is recognised by all the major news outlets and government authorities. Though there are numerous articles, the awareness hasn’t exactly peaked out yet.
In this post, we will help you understand the way this scam works and the kind of risks they bring to the table. If you are affected by this scam already, then reach out to us via the contact form to get started with the recovery process. Also, share this article with your friends and help us raise awareness.
MyGov Refund Scam Email Explained
Australians, just like most other people, are going through a hard time. Covid brought nothing but disasters and with the present inflation, things are harder than ever before. In this difficult phase, a tax refund does sound like a boon, but if you ever see a message that claims to enable you to get several hundred dollars, you should be highly skeptical about it.
Scammers operating MyGov Refund Scam Email are taking advantage of the present events and are setting traps that are very hard for the public to detect. However, there are some subtle clues they leave behind which we will discuss later in this post. The main thing they peddle is the idea of getting a refund from the government.
Obviously, the claims are fake and if anyone takes the bait, they will be redirected to a phishing page. Once the victim puts in the information, it is just a matter of time before their bank account is wiped. So, refrain yourself from interacting with them and exercise caution at all times.
Scammers and their Goals
Scammers push people towards revealing sensitive information on the phishing pages. They collect all the data entered and use it for sinister purposes. Things the crooks ask are listed below.
- Card number
- Expiration date
- Date of birth
- Phone number
Looking at the way they operate, their goal is easy to figure out and that is to cause a dent in your finances and affect your credit score. Though the damages can be fixed, the whole thing is going to be a tedious task and will require a lot of time as well.
How to stay safe from MyGov Refund Scam Email
You need to follow the steps covered below to ensure safety of your account.
- Do not disclose your myGov login information to anybody.
- Use a secure password that is simple for you to remember but challenging for others to decipher.
- Create a unique password for each account you have online.
- Frequently change your myGov PIN and password.
- If you do not want others to be able to see your computer screen, do not choose the option to “display password.”
- Never send or transfer your myGov password or PIN to a third party.
- Never divulge the password of your email account.
- Always log out of your myGov account after you’re through using it.
Remember, the authorities will never put pressure on you using cheap gimmicks. If you are unsure about the legitimacy at any point, walk away from the other party. The following points might help you in making better decisions.
- Be wary of texts promising a tax refund in exchange for money or “verification” of your personal information.
- Verify your status using your official myGov account or by contacting a licensed tax specialist.
- Never click on links inside myGov-looking emails or communications. MyGov will never send you an SMS, email, or file containing hyperlinks or web URLs.
- Don’t open the message if you don’t know who sent it or if you weren’t expecting it.
- Be wary of mail that is not addressed to you or that does not include your full name.
- Enter the URL for your official myGov account into your browser to check your inbox for authentic emails.
MyGov Refund Scam Email Conclusion
MyGov Refund Scam Email and other similar hustles are not likely to stop anytime soon. So, be conservative and update yourself on a regular basis. If you have lost money to them, then act immediately.
Get in touch with our affiliated Cryptocurrency Forensic Specialists at CNC Intelligence for free by filling out the form below.
Take every step to protect your interests and for a detailed action blueprint surrounding the recovery process, use the contact form provided below.
Have anything to say about the “MyGov Refund Scam Email” hustle? Comment your take below.
Want to be kept updated regarding similar scams?